t was a family affair on Friday evening, when Santa Fe’s beloved Jean Cocteau Cinema reopened for business at the hands of A Song of Ice and Fire author George RR Martin.
But that was just one of the evening’s highlights. Here’s a list of the top 10 moments experienced on opening night:
10. Dedicated fans lined up for hours hoping to nab a standby ticket
9. This apropos SFR art box located outside the theater
8. This meta-tastic exhibit by Janet Russek in the lobby that features an image of the Cocteau in 1984
7. Unisex bathrooms = instant party
6. The popcorn and its legendary toppings are back!
5. Staff donned cool, themed costumes
4. And owner George RR Martin rocked this sweet purple vest
3. Sci-fi classic Forbidden Planet was its maiden screening
2. Robbie the mothereffin’ Robot was there!
1. GRRM made good on his promise to give the theater back to Santa Fe. To that, we answer with a lone word of appreciation: